- 2 c flour
- 2 tsp baking powder, if using buttermilk add 1/2tsp baking soda in place of 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 T honey, maple syrup, sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten-optional: fold in 2 beaten egg whites
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2-2 c milk or buttermilk
- 3 T melted butter or Harvest Butter Olive Oil
Mix together dry ingredients, add in eggs, milk, melted butter, and honey if using honey instead of sugar. Heat a skillet or griddle and pour batter onto griddle. Wait to flip pancakes until you see bubbles form on the top and you can easily slide a spatula underneath the cake. Keep warm in a 200 degree oven until ready to serve.
Use whole wheat flour, buckwheat, gluten free flour, oats, or almond flour for part of the total flour amount.
Add flavors of choice: vanilla, almond, maple, coffee, etc
Mix in seeds, (chia, flax,etc)
Add in herbs, peas, corn, veggies and spices for a savory veggie cake.
Add in cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and other spices
Add in a spoonful of sour cream or yogurt to the batter.
Add fresh or frozen fruit, chocolate chips, shredded coconut, pumpkin, etc.
Serve with fresh whipped cream, salted caramel sauce, honey ricotta cheese, fresh fruit, balsamic reductions, etc