Healthy Honey Marshmallows
Write a review
- 1 cup Honey, or 3/4 cup honey and 1/4 cup organic cane sugar
- 1 cup water, divided into 1/2 cups
- 4 T gelatin (usually works out to 4 packets, or 1 box's worth)
- Optional, 1-2tsp vanilla or mint extract. The vanilla helps cut the honey flavor if you don't like honey….
- Mix 1/2 cup water and all 4 T gelatin into a mixing bowl and combine well. Let sit to harden. Meanwhile heat honey/sugar combo in sauce pan along with the other 1/2 cup water and bring to a boil, stirring constantly for about 8 minutes or so. Add honey mixture to the harden gelatin and mix with hand mixer for 6-10 minutes or until soft peaks form- mix in flavors at this point. I mix on medium as I add in the honey and then go to medium high to high for the rest of the time. Spread mixture into a lined parchment baking dish and let sit for a few hours until they reach desired hardness. Turn over and cut into shapes. For my ice cream recipes, I will add marshmallows in the cream (pre harden) form to the ice cream maker to make a marshmallow swirl.
Becky's Mindful Kitchen http://beckysmindfulkitchen.com/blog/