Roasted Eggplant and Tomato Pasta
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 1 bell pepper (any color works)
- 3 sweet peppers
- 1 bulb garlic, broken open
- 2 small eggplants, halved
- 2 T Harvest Neapolitan Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 T Harvest Tuscan Olive Oil
- 1/4 c cream
- 1 c shredded cheese of choice
- salt to taste
- optional: italian sausage
Preheat oven to 450 degrees
Halve the eggplant and salt, lay in colander to drain for 10 minutes, rinse.
Place all veggies on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and salt. Roast until skin of the bell pepper starts to brown. Remove and place in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap until veggies cool enough to remove the skin of the peppers and eggplant. (removing skin isn't necessary but will require longer pureeing time). Using an hand held blender to puree the veggies, adding in balsamic vinegar, cream and salting to taste. Add to cooked pasta and cook on medium heat adding cheese and stirring until melted and sauce thickens. Add sausage and serve hot.