Dates: June 27th: 10am-4:30pm July 3rd: 10am-4:30pm August 8th: 10am-4:30pm Cost: $160/ day
These full day camps are a combo of my academy make up days and allowing those unable to join one of the morning camps, to still have time in the BMK kitchen. This summer is a strange one and all I ask is that you understand that I’m doing my best and that this is not easy. I am truly working as hard as I can to provide a safe experience while also keeping the fun that makes summers here so special. I have learned after week one, that nothing is how it used to be and I need to dump my previous expectations and come up with new ones- we are all learning together. In these full day camps the kids will make their own lunch, tackle new skills and simply have fun playing with the animals (bottle feeding goats) and exploring the woods. I will divide kids based on skill level and we’ll work on creating new recipes together. You are welcome to hang out outside and enjoy nature, I also have a 3 seasoned porch that you can sit in. Masks are required inside.
NOTE: if your child is beginner level that is totally fine- but they need to be able to follow directions and respect the need to wear a face shield in the kitchen. So I do ask that kids are age 6 and older. Thank you!
In these camps, we will tackle baking, recipe basics, cooking fundamentals/kitchen safety. I am still working on details as recipes are being rewritten for individuals instead of the normal teams. But I can promise that the kids will love what they make and be bringing home goodies from the family. When not in the kitchen, kids will be playing outside with the baby goats, new baby chickens, and adventure playgrounds.
BMK values safety and therefore has restructured all camps for the summer to adhere to the strictest possible COVID-19 guidelines. Here are the changes:
- Camps will be limited to 10 kids per session
- I disinfect every 30 minutes all surfaces including the bathroom
- Face Shields are required when inside the kitchen- I provide them and each kid will have their own for the entire day.
- Kids will not work in teams but instead cook individually at their own station-if you want them to work with a friend or sibling that is fine but I just need to be informed by the parents (not just kids)
- While not in the kitchen, kids will have access to the new tree house, zip lines, rock climbing walls, fort building, slides, log playground, creeks, goats, chickens, ninja obstacle course and more. If weather is not cooperating- kids will be able to play games and create art in the game room and 3 season porch.
- While obsessive sanitation has always been a part of camps, the level of obsession will be very high and each station will be carefully sanitized between uses. I will be handling all dish washing and sanitation of equipment.
- Masks will be provided and required outside in the goat pen, tree house and when kids are playing in close contact. They will not be required when kids are running around and playing in the woods.
- No child with coughs, sore throats or other COVID or other illness symptoms are allowed to attend and if your child is coughing, you will be called to pick him/her up. I will be checking temps upon arrival.
- Due to the increase of nature time and potential creek play- appropriate clothing/shoes/extra shoes/clothing is required.
Thank you so much for your loyalty, support and generosity during this time. Please know that I care so much about you all and that is why it is important to me to make these changes for everyone’s safety.