Intermediate July 6-8 Suggested Ages 8-11 Kids must be able to complete the baking challenge without assistance.
Jr. Adv/Advance- July 27-29 Suggested ages 10 and up
If there is a need for any afternoon sessions, those will be added as well. Camps will only run if half full as to cover operation costs.
If your young chef is a fan of Nailed It! and Great British Baking Show then this is the camp for them! One half of the group will take over the kitchen on Monday and the other half on Tuesday and compete via Great British Baking Show to see who can create the most stunning focaccia bread- using herbs and veggies to create an edible work of art. Kids should have practiced this at home and come on their day (which will be emailed ahead of time) with the ingredients needed and pan to bake it in. They will have from 9am-11:45 to complete their bake. The other half of the group will get to act as judges and decide on a winner. I will be the only one handling the breads when they come out of the oven and will use gloves. I will also be the only one cutting the bread for tasting. Your child do not have to partake in tasting the bread at all. While not in the kitchen- the kids will be painting/creating an art project designed by artist Hope Spragg (Jr. Adv) and Artist Kat Keller (Intermediate) and playing outside and hanging out with the animals.
On Wednesday, they will take turns in the kitchen competing in a Nailed It! competition. A local professional baker will be featured as I still want to support as many women in business as possible. It will be a “team” competition in that there will be 5 elements to the challenge. They won’t know what the challenge is until that morning.
BMK values safety and therefore has restructured all camps for the summer to adhere to the strictest possible COVID-19 guidelines. Here are the changes:
- Camps will be limited to 10 kids per session
- I disinfect every 30 minutes all surfaces including the bathroom
- Face Shields are required when inside the kitchen- I provide them and each kid will have their own for the entire day.
- Kids will not work in teams but instead cook individually at their own station-if you want them to work with a friend or sibling that is fine but I just need to be informed by the parents (not just kids)
- While not in the kitchen, kids will have access to the new tree house, zip lines, rock climbing walls, fort building, slides, log playground, creeks, goats, chickens, ninja obstacle course and more. If weather is not cooperating- kids will be able to play games and create art in the game room and 3 season porch.
- While obsessive sanitation has always been a part of camps, the level of obsession will be very high and each station will be carefully sanitized between uses. I will be handling all dish washing and sanitation of equipment.
- Masks will be provided and required outside in the goat pen, tree house and when kids are playing in close contact. They will not be required when kids are running around and playing in the woods.
- No child with coughs, sore throats or other COVID or other illness symptoms are allowed to attend and if your child is coughing, you will be called to pick him/her up. I will be checking temps upon arrival.
- Due to the increase of nature time and potential creek play- appropriate clothing/shoes/extra shoes/clothing is required.
Thank you so much for your loyalty, support and generosity during this time. Please know that I care so much about you all and that is why it is important to me to make these changes for everyone’s safety.