Beginner: August 3-5 Suggested ages 5-8
Intermediate: August 10-12 Suggested ages 8-11
Jr Ad/Advance: August 17-19 Suggested ages 10 and up
PLEASE READ THROUGH THE PAGE BEFORE REGISTERING OR EMAILING WITH QUESTIONS- I am dealing with a large volume of emails and simply ask that you read through the page to see if your question is answered there first. This camp will be opened to the public on May 15th. Once open to the public the cost will be $160 for the week. Currently it is at $0 as those who have already paid for camp are able to sign up for a new session and transfer their camp fee. If there is a need for any afternoon sessions, those will be added as well. Camps will only run if half full to cover operational costs.
Breakfast camp is always one of the favorites each year for both kids and parents as you are sure to have breakfast in bed after the camp is over! Each day we will tackle a breakfast favorite but true to BMK style, the kids will be putting their own spin on it and creating their own signature recipes. Creativity and problem solving is at the core of my teaching philosophy.
Artist Hope Spragg will be creating fun projects for kids to work on when weather doesn’t permit outside play. Check out her amazing work HERE
BMK values safety and therefore has restructured all camps for the summer to adhere to the strictest possible COVID-19 guidelines. Here are the changes:
- Camps will be limited to 10 kids per session
- Only 5 kids will be in the kitchen cooking at a time
- Kids will not work in teams but instead cook individually at their own station
- While not in the kitchen, kids will have access to the new tree house, zip lines, rock climbing walls, fort building, slides, log playground, creeks, goats, chickens, ninja obstacle course and more. If weather is not cooperating- kids will be able to play games and create art in the game room and 3 season porch.
- While obsessive sanitation has always been a part of camps, the level of obsession will be very high and each station will be carefully sanitized between uses. I will be handling all dish washing and sanitation of equipment.
- Masks are optional and kindness and respect of anyone wearing a mask will be a must
- No child with coughs, sore throats or other COVID or other illness symptoms are allowed to attend and if your child is coughing, you will be called to pick him/her up
- Due to the increase of nature time and potential creek play- appropriate clothing/shoes/extra shoes/clothing is required.
- Online classes will continue to be free to the public and I will be holding kid specific ones as well if you are unable to attend camp this summer.
- My summer employee may not be available so I am asking for a parent volunteer to help supervise kids when outside. You can bring coffee (or enjoy what is available here) and a book or work and enjoy the gorgeous timber while just making sure kids don’t go Lord of the Flies on me. This is more important for beginner and intermediate camps than junior advance/advance. If willing to be a PV, please select the date under the check out section. Thank you!
Thank you so much for your loyalty, support and generosity during this time. Please know that I care so much about you all and that is why it is important to me to make these changes for everyone’s safety.