With winter still holding on strong, I thought a warm salad might help get us through the week! This salad is simple from the number of ingredients to the dressing. Remember to Own Your Palate when it comes to the herbs.
Warm Roasted Pepper Salad
- Roasted Peppers sliced ( Roast peppers in the oven at 400-425 for about 30 minutes until they look wilted or starts to burn. Place in a bowl and cover for 20 minutes. Peel the peppers and remove the seeds)
- Sun dried tomatoes sliced
- pecans toasted is optional
- unrefined sea salt
- freshly grated pepper
- basil rosemary, other Italian herbs
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar make sure that yours does not contain any caramel coloring
- A shaved or freshly grated raw hard cheese ex: parmigiano-reggiano
- Optional: chopped uncured nitrite and nitrate free bacon.
- If the peppers are still warm, simply combine everything in a bowl and season and dress with the vinegar and oil. Otherwise over low heat, combine everything in a pan and warm the peppers that way.