I love ordering from Azure Standard. It is a great source of bulk organic ingredients including produce. As we are heading out of local produce buying season here in Iowa, I look towards my other sources to keep my family stocked with healthy organic fruits and vegetables through the late fall and winter.
This past month I got 20lbs of apples. That meant a lot of fun experimenting with different healthy apple pie recipes (I ended up with 6 keepers including a lemon ginger apple pie) and playing around with apple breads. This Apple Cinnamon Bread is an easy and delicious bread that is perfect to bring along to a holiday party, brunch, have on hand in the freezer for when guests come or deliver to a friend who has caught a cold. OR you can bake and eat it all yourself. I won’t tell.
So if you happen to have excess apples on hand and a desire for some comfort bread… enjoy!
- 2 - 2 1/4 cup organic unbleached flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 1 banana mashed
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1 stick butter (cut into flour)
- 1/2 cup organic whole milk
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup organic apple chopped
- 2T cinnamon
- 1/3 cup sucanat or brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375
- Mix the dry and wet, mix apples into the batter or layer into the loaf.
- Swirl the cinnamon and sugar into the loaf. Or if you are making muffins then I would add the cinnamon and sugar to the top and sprinkle some oats on top.
- Bake loaf for ~40 minutes or until done | Muffins about 20 minutes