Chorizo Ricotta Stuffed Peppers
Write a review
- 3/4 cup homemade ricotta cheese ( recipe available under dairy recipes) or organic ricotta from grassed cows
- 1 cup organic sweet corn (cooked and cut off the cob
- 1 cup chorizo- removed from casing and browned. Be picky about your pork and buy local whenever possible. Pork should be from pigs not fed any antibiotics and allowed outside access.
- Salt to taste
- ~10 banana peppers or similar sized peppers
- Mix the ricotta, corn, chorizo and salt to taste in a bowl, combining well. Cut top off peppers and remove seeds. Fill peppers with ricotta mixture. You can grill these until soften and browned or bake at 400 for ~15 minutes or also until soften. Serve hot.
- Make ahead of time and store in fridge until ready to cook
Becky's Mindful Kitchen http://beckysmindfulkitchen.com/blog/