Chocolate Mint Mascarpone Pie
- ~1 1/2 cups flour
- a large pinch of unrefined sea salt
- a few tablespoons grass fed butter melted or you can dice it up and mix into the flour
- a few tablespoons honey
- a cap full of almond extract- optional
- a cap full of vanilla extract
- Mascarpone cheese
- Chocolate Mint Whipped Cream simply beat heavy whipping cream with some honey or sucanat, vanilla, cocoa powder, peppermint extract- to taste
- Sucanat to taste
- Dark Chocoalte Chips and White Chocolate chips
- Crust: Bake at 350 for 15ish minutes until the crust just start to turn brown.
- Combine dry and wet ingredients until it forms a ball, adjust the proportion of the flour to the liquid until it reaches a consistency of a pie crust. I no longer measure but just add to taste and feel. In my dessert classes we talk about what to look for. Optional: chill in fridge or freezer. Otherwise either roll out or press into a well greased pie tin or individual ramekins. Prick the bottom of the crust and use the side of the fork to shape the sides of the crust. Bake until just turning brown. Pull out and let cool completely.
- With hand held beater or by hand, mix together mascarpone cheese, sucanat or honey and chocolate chips to taste. Fold the whipped cream into the cheese mixture and fill the crust, top with chocolate chips!