Rethink pumpkin pie bars with this low carb recipe that is also grain free, and dairy and egg free optional. The crust makes for a perfect base to many other bars so keep it handy! If you are interested in low carb baking and want to take a class please look at my class options, I also customize classes to fit your dietary needs.
Low Carb Pumpkin Pie Bar, dairy free, grain free, egg free
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 stick butter or coconut oil-melted
- *1/4 cup honey-optional I have made without
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 1/2 T coconut flour
- 1 can organic pumpkin
- 2 eggs beaten- can omit and add in more milk or coconut cream.
- 2 T coconut flour
- 2 T maple syrup
- 1/2 cup sucanat or 1/3 cup honey or 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup half &half or 1/3 cup coconut cream the thick cream on top of a can of coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375
- Prepare the crust and press into a buttered pan. Bake for ~10 minutes, remove and set aside.
- Mix together all filling ingredients and place on top of the crust. Bake for ~20 minutes. Let cool. Sprinkle with powdered sugar or serve with whipped cream.