Mint Coconut Fudge Balls
A delicious low carb treat!
- 3/4 c almond flour
- 1/2 c coconut flour
- 3 T cocoa powder
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 c unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 T grassfed butter or unrefined coconut oil
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 c pecans
- 2 T raw honey
- 1 cup Enjoy life chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips of choice avoid chocolate chips with added soy products
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven 350
In a food processor combine together
- coconut flour, almond flour, salt, baking soda, cocoa, shredded coconut and pecans. Process until it forms a dough (will take a few minutes but I promise a dough will form)
- Add in the vanilla, honey and butter and process until combined.
- Form into balls, I chose to do 30 balls to keep each ball at around 8.5 carbs (5g sugar).
- Bake on parchment paper for 4 minutes.
- Cool and place in freezer for 1 hour.
- In a double broiler ( take a pyrex bowl that fits in/on a medium size sauce pan and fill the sauce pan with water just high enough so that it doesn't touch the pyrex bowl and heat on medium heat) or in the microwave, melt the chocolate chips with the peppermint and vanilla extracts. Coat the balls with the melted chocolate and sprinkle with extra shredded coconut.
- Freeze again until the coating has set.