Basic Scone Recipe
- 2 3/4 c flour ( or GF 1:1 flour)
- 1/3 c sugar (reduce to 1T for savory scones)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 T baking powder
- 1 stick cold butter cut into small pieces (or DF substitute)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp flavor of choice or none at all
- 1/2-2/3 c whole milk or buttermilk (or DF substitute)
Optional: dried fruit, nuts, chocolate chips, herbs, cheese, veggies, bacon...etc
preheat oven to 415
In one bowl combine dry ingredients. Crumble butter in, working it with fingers until only small bits remain. In a separate bowl mix together wet ingredients.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients. Do not over mix. Turn dough out onto surface and divide into size and shapes that you want and place on parchment paper lined cooking sheet. Optional: chill for 30 minutes. Bake for 20-25 minutes until just about golden brown.