Blueberry Almond Mascarpone Tart
- These proportions are for 3 ramekins I would do 1 1/2 cups flour for a full pie.
- 3/4 cups flour
- a large pinch of unrefined sea salt
- a few tablespoons grass fed butter melted or you can dice it up and mix into the flour
- a few tablespoons honey
- a cap full of almond extract
- a cap full of vanilla extract
- Mascarpone cheese recipe under recipe index
- Whipped Cream simply beat heavy whipping cream with some honey or sucanat, vanilla to taste. You could also add fresh lavender.
- Sucanat to taste
- Organic blueberries
- Crust: Bake at 350 for 15ish minutes until the crust just start to turn brown.
- Combine dry and wet ingredients until it forms a ball, adjust the proportion of the flour to the liquid until it reaches a consistency of a pie crust. I no longer measure but just add to taste and feel. In my dessert classes we talk about what to look for. Optional: chill in fridge or freezer. Otherwise either roll out or press into a well greased pie tin or individual ramekins. Prick the bottom of the crust and use the side of the fork to shape the sides of the crust. Bake until just turning brown. Pull out and let cool completely.
- With hand held beater or by hand, mix together mascarpone cheese, sucanat or honey, and berries. Fold the whipped cream into the cheese mixture and fill the crust!