CopyCat Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Recipe
- cupcake/muffin tins and liners (unless using silicone molds then you do not need liners).
- 1 c Peanuts (plus pinch of salt-optional-) or 1/2 c peanut butter NOTE: you can sub in any other nut/seed butter for these. Make your own peanut butter by blending peanuts in a food processor until creamy.
- 1 T butter (at room temp)
- 1/3 c powdered sugar (can reduce to 1/4c)
- pinch of salt- optional.
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2-3 c chocolate chips ( or about 1lb chocolate)
- By hand or with stand mixer, blend together the peanut butter, butter and powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth. Form into round discs, the size of the cupcake molds/liners- these will be sitting on top of a thin layer of melted chocolate. If too sticky you can add a bit more powdered sugar or chill the mixture. You can place these in the freezer or fridge to make them easier to handle while you do the next step. Melt 1 cup of chocolate chips ( I do 1 cup at a time) for 1 minute in the microwave and stir well. If needed, melt for 10-15 second bursts at a time- stirring each time. Line the bottom and sides of the liners/mold with the melted chocolate- usuing a spoon or for extra fun for kids- their fingers for chocolate finger painting fun. Place in fridge, freezer or let harden on the counter. Once harden, place peanut butter disc on top of the chocolate. Melt more chocolate and pour on top of the PB discs. Lightly tap the molds on the counter to smooth out the chocolate. Let harden in fridge, freezer or counter. Enjoy and store in fridge or freezer.