Easy Crepes- GF/DF Optional
These are also called Gemma's Crepes in honor of a star young baker!
- 1 c flour or 1:1 GF flour
- 2 eggs
- 3 T melted butter (let cool slightly)
- 1 T sugar
- 3/4 c milk
- 1/2 c water
- 1 tsp vanilla- optional
- herbs and spices and pinch of salt for savory
- stick of frozen butter or frozen coconut oil for the pan
- In a blender, or container that works with an immersion blender or a large bowl- add in all ingredients and whisk/blend until there are zero clumps of flour. I use an immersion blender and recommend that over hand whisking. Chill in fridge for 30min or so (you can keep it up to 48hr in the fridge). Now- the pan. You want a pan that is as nonstick as possible. And if you plan on flipping these without a spatula- you want to find a light weight pan. Heat the pan on medium heat and use a frozen stick of butter to lightly grease the pan. Wait until butter stops sizzling and pour a few tablespoons (or use 1/4c) batter onto the center of the pan- idealy- do this with the pan held above and off the burner. Swirl the batter in a circle, coating the pan in a thin layer. Place back on the heat and let cook for about 1 min or so. Once the edges start to brown, flip and let cook for 30 seconds. The amount of time is based on the thickness of your crepe and heat of the burner. You can use a spatula or your fingers or go for it and flip it in the pan! Lay flat to cool. Store in fridge or you can freeze these too! I love to serve both sweet and savory crepes. Nutella is a favorite, goat cheese and herbs, ham and cheese, bacon and caramelized onions, fresh berries, cinnamon sugar butter, frangipane, lemon curd… endless possibilities!