Healthy Banana Muffins
- 1 c wheat flour OR 1.5 cups of 1:1 GF blend- omit wheat flour below
- 1/2 c white flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 3-4 ripe bananas
- 1 stick melted butter or coconut oil (melted)
- 3/4 c natural sugar free baking substitute (stevia, xylitol, blends… stay away from splenda and other artificial sweetners) OR use 1/2c brown sugar and 1/4c white sugar.
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 T milk or nondairy milk
- 1/2-1 c chopped nuts, mini chocolate chips, raisins, cranberries, blueberries…a few T of chia seeds or other seeds.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. This makes about 12 regular size muffins.
In a stand mixer or medium bowl, mash bananas. Add in egg, sugar, vanilla, butter/coconut oil, and milk. Add in dry ingredients- flour being added last. Stir until just combined- DON'T OVER MIX THE BATTER. You have been warned. If you do, your muffins will double as a paperweight (do people still have those?). Fold in any extra items. Bake in greased tins or liners for 16-22ish min until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the middle. Bake time totally varies based on the actual temp of your oven, density of your muffins and if you did mini (check mini muffins at 16min).