Flourless Chocolate Chip Cookie
These cookies are great for someone on a low carb diet, paleo diet or just want to have a high protein/high fat snack that will fill one up and keep blood sugar steady. Remember with all the cookies that I post with other flours and variations of a "classic" chocolate chip cookie, it is not going to taste like a white flour and high sugar cookie, so if you bake these expecting that you just may be disappointed. Keep an open mind and enjoy the fact that you are reducing your sugar intake while still eating cookies! Additions could include some coconut, different flavored chocolate from a dark chocolate bar and flax.
Servings 15 I would suggest bite size cookies
- 2 cups mixture of nuts (I used walnuts, pecans, almonds) blended into a butter in a food processor
- 1 egg ideally from pastured chickens
- 1-3 T raw honey, raw agave, maple syrup Depends on how sweet you want it.
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips or chopped up chocolate bar I just threw in a handful because all measuring cups were dirty
- pinch unrefined sea salt
- Combine your nut butter with the next 3 ingredients and salt and then fold in chocolate. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes and then let cool for at least 5 minutes ideally on a wire rack.