These cookies are a type 1 diabetic’s dream cookie as they are very low in carb while being high in fiber and fat, all making for a quick and easy snack that doesn’t mess with my blood glucose level much at all. In fact, I will be making these in the future with even fewer chocolate chips or none at all for just a nut cookie.
Flourless Chocolate Chip Cookie
- 2 cups mixture of nuts (I used walnuts, pecans, almonds) blended into a butter in a food processor
- 1 egg ideally from pastured chickens
- 1-3 T raw honey, raw agave, maple syrup Depends on how sweet you want it.
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips or chopped up chocolate bar I just threw in a handful because all measuring cups were dirty
- pinch unrefined sea salt
- Combine your nut butter with the next 3 ingredients and salt and then fold in chocolate. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes and then let cool for at least 5 minutes ideally on a wire rack.