Liver, it’s an amazing superfood and is one I highly recommend to all clients. I won’t spend time discussing the benefits of liver here, you can message me if you have any questions, but here is a quick and easy way to make paté. If you hate the taste of liver, try soaking it in lemon juice or milk for a few hours first or simply add small amounts to soups, sauces, taco meat, etc. Liver is low in fat so I recommend cooking it in bacon fat or lard for vitamin D. Enjoy!
Grass Fed Beef Liver Pate with Bacon and Grain free crackers
- 1- 1 1/2 lbs grass fed beef liver or calves liver soak in milk or lemon juice for a few hours for a milder taste
- 1/2 lb of bacon I used 8 slices
- 1 shallot
- 4 cloves garlic
- herb mix of rosemary fennel, thyme, white pepper and unrefined sea salt
- In a cast iron skillet, cook the bacon. Remove the bacon but reserve the fat. Cook the shallot, garlic for a few minutes before adding the liver. Cook until firm and add the herbs and season to taste. Transfer everything (not bacon) including the residual fat to a food processor and blend. Adjust seasoning as you blend.
- Chill in the fridge and serve on top of cucumbers, crackers or bread with goat cheese, chopped bacon on top.
- I serve this with a buckwheat and almond flour herb cracker.