- 1 head green cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 head purple cabbage thinly sliced
- zest of 2 large limes
- juice of 2 large limes
- 1 bunch of cilantro chopped
- 1 Jalapeño finely chopped I chose to add the seeds to the slaw, if you don't like a lot of spice, leave out the seeds
- 1 1/2 T unrefined sea salt start with 1 T and salt as desired
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar- choose rice vinegar without any added sugar or salt
- 4 tsp stoneground mustard
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 avocados chopped
- pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup raw honey-optional for added sweetness
- In a very large bowl combine all of the ingredients and mix together with your hands to break down the cabbage. The avocado will cause the slaw to become slightly creamy. Salt to taste and adjust spices. Additional peppers can certainly be added as well.
- If you have jalapeño flavored balsamic vinegar feel free to add to the slaw.