These cupcakes are easy, gluten free and grain free and call for only 1/4 cup honey. They are not dairy free but remember, the dairy you use matters! Choose dairy from grass fed cows only and whole fat dairy products only. If you are lucky, you live where Kalona SuperNatural products are sold. As I urge my clients to stay away from dried milk which is added to many dairy products, I suggest you make your own buttermilk using their whole milk and some vinegar or lemon juice.
If you have any questions about gluten free baking, contact me to find out about my gluten free baking classes and other services!
Coconut Flour Almond Orange Cupcake
- 1/2 c coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 1/2 cup butter milk Kalona SuperNatural
- 1/4 cup raw organic honey
- 1 T pure vanilla extract
- 1 -1 1/2 tsp pure almond extract
- 2 T sour cream Kalona SuperNatural
- 2 T orange juice
- grated zest of a small orange
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 egg from pastured chickens if possible
- Combine dry ingredients in 1 bowl
- Combine wet ingredients in another bowl
- Combine together, let sit for 5 minutes and bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes .
- IMMEDIATELY REMOVE AND COOL ON A RACK. Coconut flour cupcakes like to get soggy very quickly.