Easy English Toffee
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 c sugar
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 -1 tsp vanilla or other flavor
- 1 cup or more cup sliced almonds- OPTIONAL chopped walnuts, chopped pecans, or any other nut
- ~ 2 cups chocolate chips- OPTIONAL or white chocolate
- In a saucepan heat butter, sugar and salt and bring to a boil cooking until it reaches an amber brown color, or 285 degrees F. I usually go just under that temp to create a softer more caramel like candy.
- Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper and sprinkle nuts evenly around sheet and pour the toffee liquid over the sheet. Cover with the chocolate chips and as they melt, spread over the toffee. Press additional nuts into the chocolate. Chill until toffee hardens and break into pieces.