Lemon Basil Snap Pea and Asparagus
- Snap Peas
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Juice of 1 Lemon plus zest of half the lemon
- peppercorns and/or freshly grated pepper
- Unrefined Sea Salt
- Fresh basil chiffonade or chopped however you prefer
- Red pepper optional
- Boil the asparagus for just a few minutes and immediately place in a bowl of ice.
- Heat the olive oil over med heat, do not cook with olive oil over high heat.
- Add the snap peas, half of lemon juice, peppercorns, salt and red pepper flakes and cook until peas are tender. Add asparagus either whole or halved. Season to taste. Remove from heat and add basil and remaining lemon juice (to taste).