Not wanting to let leftover millet go to waste, I decided to have it make an appearance at breakfast in the form of millet cakes. They are a great gluten free breakfast option that would be even better with uncured bacon added to it! Save money and reclaim your kitchen by stocking your freezer with homemade breakfast options. Don’t start your morning off with processed industrialized ingredients that pretend to be food, instead start it off with real foods that your body will recognize! Contact me with any questions about how to become less dependent on processed foods and start making meals from scratch!
Power Greens Millet Cakes, GF
- Cooked millet the millet I used was from a leftover dish that included cream and a mixture of cheeses all from grass fed cows
- Greens: kale chard, spinach...your choice!
- Unrefined sea salt
- Fresh Pepper
- Some whole milk cream-optional
- Shredded cheese optional
- Bacon ham, etc optional
- herbs or spices of choice
- Using a food processor or a handheld immersion blender I blended the millet and then added the greens and spices and cheese (taste at this point and adjust seasoning) beat in an egg or two and form into a patty.
- In a cast iron skillet heat up some avocado oil, lard or butter and coconut oil and cook the millet cakes until lightly browned on both sides. Or you could broil them or bake at 425 in the oven until browned. I served these with hollandaise sauce with cayenne.