This cookie is a great fix to two problems: ripe bananas that no one will eat and a quick ‘on the go’ breakfast. Only sweetened with fruit and a little honey, these work as a great after school snack as well. You can switch raisins for cranberries, omit the chocolate chips, use maple syrup instead of honey, add almonds instead of pistachios. Never be afraid of making changes within my recipes to make them your own- you can also leave a comment with questions about substitutions.
Banana Oat Breakfast Cookie, Gluten Free, Dairy Free
- 2 c oats
- 1/2 c almond flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Almond Extract
- 1/2 c cranberries
- 1/4-1/3 c pistachios slightly chopped up
- 1/4-1/3 c dark chocolate chips
- 3-4 ripe bananas mashed
- 1/4 cup raw organic honey contact me to purchase Becky's Mindful Kitchen Honey
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Combine dry ingredients
- Mash bananas and add in honey
- Combine dry and wet ingredients and form into cookies- smaller cookies work better than larger.
- Bake until just turning brown about 15-20 minutes.