- 5-6 eggs
- Red pepper green, yellow or all 3!
- 1 onion diced
- cilantro chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- diced tomatoes or salsa also works well
- seasonings such as chili powder cayenne, cumin, paprika, red pepper flakes (if you like spice) grated cheese ( chedder, pepper jack or any blends you have on hand)
- 1/2 cup cream or whole milk Kalona SuperNatural brand
- 1-2 T sour cream
- salt and pepper
- bacon optional or ham or chicken
- Preheat oven to 375
- In an oven safe pan (or have an oven safe dish ready to transfer to-round works best) heat some olive oil and butter and cook down the vegetables and season to taste. Once you get the flavor as you like it, add a little more as the eggs,cheese and milk will dilute the spice. Beat together the eggs, cream and milk. Add to the vegetables and milk together and either transfer to a new pan or add a bit of cheese on top and perhaps cilantro and put in the oven for 20 minutes or so until eggs are cooked through. The cheese should be starting to brown and when you touch the top it should be firm with just the slightest give. Or cut through and see that the eggs are fully cooked. This works for any meal of the day and is great with fresh tortillas or spanish rice as a side!
So here is the great thing about a frittata, it is really really hard to screw up and the options are endless. It is like a quiche as far as a great way to use up vegetables that may be going bad soon. Here is a possible recipe but please have fun within it!