Almond Flour Scone (GF)
- 6 T butter I recommend Kalona Supernatural stick butter, unsalted
- 2 1/2-3 cup almond flour
- 1/4 c Sugar, or sugar free substitute, you can use honey but you will need to use close to the 3c of flour
- ~1 T flavor extract of choice
- optional: add zest of lemon or orange
- 1/4 c sour cream or greek yogurt (can use milk or buttermilk too)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- optional: cinnamon, cardamon, pumpkin spice... whatever seaoning you like (I would use a few teaspoons)
- optional: fruit, chocolate chips, nuts... (about 1/2 cup of blueberries for example)
- With a mixer, cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs and mix well. Add in remaining ingredients with almond flour being last. Adjust the amount of almond flour until you create a thick dough- it's will be shaggy but not goopy. Place in rounds or wedges on parchment paper, about 1/2in thick.
- Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes until just before golden brown.
4 thoughts on “New Almond Flour Scone Recipe”
-Hi Becky – what is on top of the scones in the photo9- – thanks.
PS My dad was from Fort Madison, Iowa.
It’s an orange zest glaze!