At least a few times a week I am working on new healthy snacks that don’t taste like a mouthful of “health”. Now that I make these healthy treats for events, parties, individual and family orders, I am enjoying the challenge of custom making orders to fit different dietary restrictions. For this order, I needed to make a tree nut free granola bar or ball ( I went with balls). These also have zero added sugar including no raw honey like I have in my tropical granola bars. These tropical fruit granola bars also have cashews, walnuts, almonds, and pecans to balance out the sweetness of the fruit. If you would like to order any of the sweet treats or healthy snacks you see on this blog, facebook or if you would like a custom order please contact me! I also have a healthy snack cooking class that will teach you how to save money by making your own granola bars and snacks!
Chocolate Peanut Granola Ball (GF, DF, Nut free, no added sugar))
- 1 cup dates pitted
- 1 cup peanuts
- 1/2-3/4 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 1/2 cup cranberries or craisins
- 1 cup oats
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/8 c cocoa
In a food processor combine
- dates, peanuts, vanilla, cocoa, salt until completely combined. (peanuts become a butter, dates into a dough)
In a bowl
- Combine mixture from the processor with the oats, craisins and coconut. Roll into balls or flatten into bars. I like to keep mine in the fridge or freezer. Enjoy!