These little cookie squares are a perfect treat that you and your kids will love and I promise you won’t even notice that they don’t have any added sugar in them. All of the sugar comes from the dates and the dark chocolate chips (use Enjoy Life brand to make these GF and vegan). Part of my mission with Becky’s Mindful Kitchen is to develop easy snacks, treats and dishes that don’t taste “healthy” but at the same time contain very little added sugar if any at all, no industrialized oils, a good ratio of protein, fat and fiber to carbohydrates to prevent blood sugar spikes-only REAL foods allowed! So if you like the taste of peanut/peanut butter, chocolate and peppermint- give these a try!
Peppermint Chocolate Peanut squares
- 1 c peanuts
- 1/8 c cocoa powder
- 1/2 c dates-1 cup
- 1/2 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 1 T vanilla
- 1/2 -1 cupcup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4-1/2 cup dark chocolate chips Enjoy Life brand if you have food allergies
- 1/2 tsp peppermint
- a few squares of White bakers chocolate I used an entire bar for this recipe and another one and doubled the amount of peppermint
- 1/4 tsp peppermint
- Preheat oven to 350
In a food processor combine
- Peanuts, cocoa powder, salt, coconut. Add in the dates, vanilla, peppermint and chocolate chips and mix until a dough forms.
- Press out the dough onto parchment paper and on a baking sheet, bake for 5 minutes.
- Freeze the squares for 30minutes-1hour.
- White Chocolate topping
- In a double broiler, melt the white chocolate and peppermint and drizzle over the squares and then return them to the freezer (or outside if you live in Iowa and you are making these in the winter) until the chocolate sets. Store in the fridge or freezer.